Wednesday, November 14, 2007

IN MEMORY OF MY DAD,MR. THOMAS RUSSELL LAVERTY,SR

Thomas Russell Laverty, Sr, Dr. John Raymond Baker,DCWelcome to the Memorial Site of
MR. THOMAS RUSSELL LAVERTY, SR.


Thomas Laverty was not my biological father, but he was as close to me as a biological father could be.


Tom, as most people called my Dad, was one of the most wonderful men I have ever met. When I heard that my Mother had met a gentleman that she was intending to marry, I didn't know what kind of person he would be.

My wife and I drove to Weslaco and met Dad, and from the first moment I met him, we warmed my heart and inspired me. Dad was kind, mild, logical, and had a smile that could light up a room. Heck, his smile would light up the brightest of summer days. He was a very humble man, and was the kind of person that just about every person who met him, loved him immediately.

While my Dad was alive, he and my Mother seemed to complement each other. My Dad, Thomas, tended to be quiet and slow to anger. My mom is very outgoing, and never meets a stranger.
My mother and my dad, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Lavertry at their home in Weslaco Texas.
My father passed away on Friday, the 9th of November, 2007, just four days shy of my 55th birthday. Dad had lived beyond his birthday of October 14th.

Dad fought hard to stay alive. He never complained even when the pain must have been overwhelming.

I used to call Dad and Mom several times a day, because they lived around ten and one half hours from where I live, but I called them both several times a day to see how they were doing and find out if they needed anything.

I hope to upload some pictures and videos of Dad.

My tag line is that Heaven is Brighter Now Because My Dad is There, and I honestly believe that.

Dad may be gone from this plane of existence, but he is well and happy and at peace now, and will NEVER, NEVER be forgotten. He is alive in me, and all those who really loved him.

~Dr. John Raymond Baker,DC


keywords= Thomas Russell Laverty, Sr., weslaco, claudious, baker, weslaco, texas, train, engineer, fireman, mechanic, veteran, world war II, my dad, dr. john raymond baker

No comments: